1. What is an Art Walk?
An Art Walk takes place in a city or town with a high density of artist studios, exhibition spaces and related venues presenting anywhere from several dozen to hundreds of artists who present and sell their work. The public is invited to stroll from space to space, meet artists, see plenty of art and purchase art.
Each artist may offer anywhere from several dozen to hundreds of works of art, priced from perhaps five or ten dollars on up into the hundreds and sometimes even higher.
The event map for Art Walk Stoughton lists host locations and juried artists to help guide you if you’re looking for a particular kind of art.
2. Does this event charge admission or parking fees?
Art Walk Stoughton is free and family-friendly. City of Stoughton designated public parking lots with no time limit are shown on the event guide. Free on street parking is available also, with a two-hour time limit.
3. Where can I park?
On street parking with a two-hour limit is available on Main Street and adjacent side streets.
Public Parking lots listed here are also available. Check the signs at each lot for rules about parking.
NORTH SIDE OF MAIN ST.
· Page Street – Senior Center Lot: enter from Page St., lot is behind the Senior Center
· West Washington Street Lot: enter from S. Water St., W. Washington, or S. Division
· McFarland State Bank Lot: enter from S. Forrest St. after 12:00 p.m.
· Corner of East Main & S. Fourth St.: enter on S. Fourth St.
· Public Lot between Stoughton Antique Mall and Stoughton Chamber of Commerce: enter from East Main St.
SOUTH SIDE OF MAIN ST.
· Public Lot South: enter from S. Water St. or S. Division St.
· Public Library Lot: enter from S. Fourth St.
· Angled parking on the East side of the Koffee Kup Restaurant: enter from East Main St.
· Lot parking adjacent to Laz Bistro & BBQ Bar: enter from East Main St.
· Parking lot adjacent to Stoughton Youth Center: enter from East Main St. just east of the railroad tracks.
4. How will I know where to go?
Let us make some suggestions!
Event guides are available at Woodland Studio, the Information Booth at East Main Street and S. Forrest St. and at Livsreise.
Official Art Walk locations will be clearly numbered with large signs matching their location on the Event Guide. We encourage you to patronize the shops and artists officially on Art Walk.
5. Is this a juried event?
Yes, this is a juried fine arts event. Awards will be given for Best of Show, 1st Place, and 2nd Place.
Visitors to Art Walk will be given a ballot to vote for their favorite artist. The artist with the most votes is awarded the "Viewer's Choice" cash prize.
6. How can I participate as an artist, musician, sponsor, or volunteer next year?
Please send us an email with your request. We will keep in touch!.
7. Will you have children's activities?
Art Walk 2018 is family friendly and children will enjoy most stops along Art Walk. Here are a few specialized suggestions, you’ll find details of place and time on the event guide:
· Children’s art project at The Next Generation.
· Learn the story of Norwegian immigration through the interactive exhibits at Livsreise, Stoughton’s Norwegian heritage center.
· Can Brook Johnson of Green Road Pottery break his personal speed throwing record of ten seconds?
· Check out the line-up of musical offerings taking place throughout the day on Main Street.
· Wool spinning at Spry Whimsy
· Needle punch at A Day in the Country
8. Will you serve alcohol?
Art Walk is not serving alcohol. However, restaurants and bars along Main Street do serve alcohol.
9. What will you do if it rains on Art Walk day?
Rain or shine, Art Walk will take place. If it rains, bring your umbrella!